Alpine Adventures offer the best in dogsled excitement! Call today to schedule your winter adventure. Open 7 days a week during the winter season Office Hrs. 8 am – 6 pm Phone Reservations: 7 am – 7 pm 719 486-9899
– Special thanks to Jon Redfern for this video.
How long does the season last?
Our dogsledding business is open from mid-November through mid-April, snow permitting.
How cold will it be?
Because dogsledding is an outdoor activity, you should plan on dressing for a chilly winter day. We run our tours snow or shine, so come prepared for the fun!
Do the dogs get cold?
No, these dogs actually prefer the cold weather and have a special dual layer coat specifically for this type of climate. Remember, these dogs think below zero weather is a beautiful day to dogsled!
Take a look at our complete dog photo gallery here!
Who can mush the dogs?
- - Alpine dogsledding customers from ages 9 and up will have the opportunity to mush the dogs.
- - Children ages 3-8 can ride in the basket of the dogsled while another adult mushes the team.
- - Guides may have children under 100 lbs. mush with a parent for extra support depending on the weight and awareness of the child.
- - The most important thing to us is your safety and the dogs’ safety.